Home > Services > Employee Registration
How to hire an employee in France ?
France’s administration system is always plagued by arduous formalities and laws. The French payroll system is no exception to this and the penalties for non-compliance can be costly. Understanding your obligations as an employer is therefore crucial.
What the employer have to do before hiring :
➞ Make sure you have an EIN : Employer Identification Number (employer registration).
➞ Set up records for withholding taxes : Federal income tax withholding, Federal Wage and Tax Statement, and States taxes.
➞ Register your employee with French social organisations.
What your employee have to do after being hire :
➞ Your employee have to meet a doctor (médecine du travail) to check his ability to make his job. This process must be done for each new employee before he start to work .
➞ Your employee will receive a yearly receipt of good-standing for his job. There is one visit when you hire them and an other annual visit to renew the authorization.
Other questions we may discuss together:
- ➜ Do you have a letter of engagement and a foreign employment contract ?
- ➜ Do you have a French employment contract matching the French Collective Bargaining Agreement ?
- ➜ Which French Collective Bargaining Agreement matches your activity ?
- ➜ Do you need a Visa for your employee?
- ➜ Does he have an EEC passport and a non European one?